EDITING ACORNS, WATER DROPS, AND PLOWED FIELDS

Making the connection between a water drop quietly slipping off an acorn of a Mediterranean oak, water cascading with disproportionate noise from a small "fall" in Kefalonia, freshly plowed fields at Omala Valley, and assuming the responsibility of creating and editing a new magazine may seem far fetched. But, rather than confusing you further, let me explain.

holm oak in Kefalonia
Mediterranean (Holm) Oak
I just completed the flat-plan of a new magazine, a project that was entrusted to me to design, develop, and eventually manage as editor-in-chief. As the first part of the project is completed, I could think of no other way to announce it than through this blog. True, the magazine will be published in the U.S. and will not involve Kefalonia (at least, not directly). But everything I do has the same pivot point of inspiration - so, there you have it, that is the connection.
Ambela Vrysi, Kefalonia
Ambela Vrysi, Kefalonia
 Figuratively speaking, the connection is deeper. A drop (the original idea), millions of drops flowing (the little things coming together), the plowed field (the hours of planning in the hope for reaping the result) - I truly cannot but assign and relate every step of the way to an object, a place, or an event of the core and source of any inspiration I'm blessed with. Simply put, it's the river that fills the pool of creativity that I need in order to be able to go anywhere with this ambitious, exciting and - at times - overwhelming project.
Ambela Vrysi, Kefalonia
Ambela Vrysi, Kefalonia
A good two to three months of long hours and hard work is surely in store for me before I can come back and share with you the finished project. But I wanted to share this now and HERE.
Omala Valley, Kefalonia
Omala Valley, Kefalonia
Omala Valley, Kefalonia
Omala Valley, Kefalonia


Of course, things are still kind of "hush-hush" and I cannot divulge as much detail yet as I would like to. Bear with me!
I promise not to disappoint.

As for the this blog, well... I have some news on that front too. By the end of the year, it will have company! But, I don't want to spoil the surprise.
Hope you stay around.....

Speaking of HOPE, when I made the last post, I promised my friend Elpida - her name means Hope in Greek - that the next post would be about a place very special to her. It was a promise I did not keep and I apologize for that. But, I will remedy this very soon :)


P.S. This post includes a previously uploaded image. Couldn't help it, it popped to mind on its own when "connecting the unconnected."

No comments:

Post a Comment