Promises Are Made to Be Broken

Yes, I have succumbed to temptation...

Yes, I am in Fiskardo though it's way before October.

Yes, it's lovely!
No, I won't apologize!

Fiskardo, Kefalonia
Reaching out to touch Ithaca from Fiskardo
It all comes back to you the minute you step foot on this magical place: the narrow side streets; the houses with old world charm; the sailboat masts competing with the skyline; the perfectly tanned beautiful people on their afternoon walks; and the soft light that lingers as the sun sets on the other side of the island. And the incredibly musical sound of Italian spoken in all tones and dialects.

Yes, I will be back for the fishermen and their catch in a few months, but for now I'll savor this without undue guilt.


...more to come

see previous post
➥A SLIPPERY CHARACTER IN FISKARDO

2 comments:

  1. OK - I trust you. Next time I agree to visit Fiskardo also during the high-season :)
    Eleni, I'd like to share with you comments from my friend Eugenia from New York: "Oh Erja, it's been so long since I got so excited about something and after looking at the link you gave me I am ready to go. If all goes well perhaps I can go already August 2012 ...and please when you are in touch with Eleni kindly tell her from me that her pictures plus the captions are simply wonderful, I had a big smile on my face looking at them."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Erja! It really was pleasant and since I hadn't done it for years, it was an unexpected surprise. Sometimes, you just need the ..buzz!!! I'm in Katerina's office (what's new???) and we were actually talking about you....
    I haven't posted all the material from Fiskardo due to family obligations but will be right back on it tomorrow...I promise.
    Please tell Eugenia that she made my day! I'll strive to always be true to my wonderful audience and to the intentions originally stated when this blog was born. Be well and keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete