A SLIPPERy CHARACTER IN FISKARDO

Fiskardo Kefalonia
Fiskardo, Kefalonia (in October)

I will not succumb to temptation...
I will not succumb to temptation...
I will not!
No pictures of Fiskardo with wall to wall beautiful people, celebrities, yachts etc...
It's a personal bias and a ton of selfishness...
I just happen to adore the place from October to May when I don't have to share it. When only the most "clued-in" visitors are still around, and its sovereignty returns to its rightful owners - the fishermen and the cats waiting for the net to be unloaded to reveal their next meal!
When I can observe in peace a most interesting "ritual": the tabby eyeing the robust Mediterranean slipper lobster roll out of the net, licking her lips and moving in for the kill - only to be scared out of her skin by his well timed movement.  Oh well, a few sardines or whitebait will have to do....
Lovely, lovely Fiskardo, be your usual gracious self for the next few months and I'll see you in October...
Unless, I cave in sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment