Lead Us Not Into Temptation

Maistrato Argostoli,Kefalonia
Midday swim at Maistrato, Kefalonia
There's a misconception that people who live on an island year-round are on permanent vacation. Though there is some truth in that, it is, nonetheless, a misconception. 
Perhaps it's one that we, ourselves promote.

I mean, how can I tell Grace, my best friend back in NY, that I haven't been to the beach yet???  She is coming out here for a visit in August and warns me by email "not to be too obscenely tanned."

I  strolled down to the pier today to get a few shots of the "Queen Elizabeth" that docked in Argostoli this morning. Then, on to Maistrato to get a different angle.

The scorching sun put strange ideas into my head: abandon the pc on my desk, let the screensaver keep it company, put the camera away, dive in, cool down, be on permanent vacation!

Oh well, there's always the weekend...
I will look like a happy islander by the time Grace gets here...
cruise ship, Argostoli Kefalonia
CS Queen Elizabeth in Argostoli, Kefalonia

No comments:

Post a Comment